of intermediate League: To provide swimming for swimmers of
1. The league will consist of Western District affiliated clubs.
2. There will be four rounds with three/four clubs in each match.
3. A common agreed programme will be swum in each match (programme
attached) the points scoring system will be common to all matches.
4. A league convenor will be appointed and each participating club
will appoint a league representative.
5. The league convenor will inform each representative of the groupings
for each round. Monthly result sheets and league positions will
be circulated by the convenor.
6. League points will be awarded as follows: - The winner of each
match - four points The second placed club - three points The third
placed club - two points The fourth placed club - one point
7. The groupings for each round will be determined as follows: All
the rounds will be seeded depending on the final placings of the
previous year's league results with new clubs added in alphabetical
order with every club swimming every other club in the league.
8. All matches will be swum under S.A.S.A. rules. Age as at 31st
9. Swimmers who have achieved West District age group times are
not allowed to swim in that stroke in the league including relays
if a coach can prove that this is the case then the club in question
will forfeit all points in that match. The incident to be reported
to the Referee and league representative so that action can be taken
10. If a swimmer swims 5 seconds (10 seconds for 11 years) faster
than the qualifying time no points are awarded. The swimmer will
not be allowed to swim in any further round of the league in that
stroke. Failure to comply will result in the swimmer being disqualified
and the club penalised 10 match points.
11. The league representative for each of the sponsoring clubs for
each match will inform the league convenor of the result of his
clubs sponsored match, including match points total, names of swimmers
on the form produced, the swimmers name must be entered on this
form. The host club must provide a complete set of results after
each match to all clubs, thus giving a check on performance and
placings. If a swimmer is disqualified, the reason has to be explained
to the swimmer or coach at the time and written on the time slips
12. Any team not turning up to a match will be assumed to have taken
part but will be awarded neither points or league points. Clubs
not turning up for a match will automatically be fined £25.00. The
club in question will have the right to appeal. The West District
league sub-committee will consider this appeal.
13. In the event of a problem arising which is not covered by the
rules of the swimming league, it will be the duty of the league
convenor and the leagues committee to make a final decision, with
due regard to the S.A.S.A. laws and rules.
14. All the matches will be swum under S.A.S.A. rules. A swimmer
can swim up an age group with no restriction on number of swims.
15. Competent club officials who need not necessarily be S.A.S.A.
officials must run each match. Each visiting club to provide a minimum
of two officials per match who should not time or judge their own
team. Visiting officials to introduce himself or herself to the
referee on arrival. If host club requires more than two officials
from visiting clubs, written request to be made at least one week
prior to the match. W.D. officials are asked to officiate at any
match at the discretion of league convenor. Any costs being met
by league funds.
16. If any query over gala procedure of the running of a gala arises,
the league convenor must be informed immediately.
17. Host clubs to notify the visiting representatives, in writing,
of date, venue and warm-up time within seven days of the match being
arranged. The host club must obtain a Licence from the West District;
the league will pay the fee.
18. The winning club will be presented with a trophy and medals
for all swimmers.
19. All host clubs to submit a licence and accreditation form to
the WD swimming convenor, at least six weeks before the match is
swum. The Clyde Coast Leagues will pay the cost of this licence.
A copy of the form is enclosed.
20. No 'double header' matches to be swum.
21. A charge of £30.00 to be made each year. To be paid by 10th
February to cover convenors expenses and purchase of trophies and
medals. Cheques made payable to 'Clyde Coast Leagues'.
Once the groupings for each match have been worked out the clubs
in each match will be randomly sorted into an order and the groupings
will be published in this order. The club at the top of the list
will have the first refusal on organising the match. Unless the
host club can offer two dates, one of which is suitable to all participating
clubs, the second club must be given the chance to run the match
and so on down the list. It is imperative that this process takes
no more than a week for a sponsoring club to be found. If all four
clubs have agreed on the date of the match and later on, one club
wishes to change the date, this can be done if the other three clubs
are in agreement.
It should also be borne in mind that some clubs would have difficulty
in travelling on weekdays and a Saturday or Sunday match may have
to be organised.