of Mini League : To promote competitive swimming to a high
standard among younger swimmers.
1. The league will consist of Western District Affiliated clubs. All swimmers must have Scottish Swimming
2. There will be three rounds with four or more matches in each round and
four clubs in each match.
3. The eclosed programme will be swum in each match. The points scoring system will be common to all matches, the first three rounds 5,3,2,1. Point scoring for the finals will be 7,5,4,3,2,1.
4. A league convenor will be appointed and each participating
club will appoint a league representative.
5. The league convenor will inform each representative of the
groupings for each and the league positions after all the results for that round are received and checked. The web site will be updated regurlary.
6. League points will be awarded as follows: -
The winner of each
match - five points
The second placed club - three points
third placed club - two clubs
The fourth placed club - one point.
7. The groupings for each round will be determined as follows:
Rounds 1, 2 and 3 . Allocated as per sheet
8. A charge of £75.00 to be made each year. To cover Convenor’s expenses hire of pool and purchase of trophies and medals. Cheques made payable to ‘Clyde Coast Leagues’.?>ml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
9. All host clubs to submit a licence and accreditation form to the West District Swimming Convenor, at least six weeks before the match is swum. The Clyde Coast League Convenor will submit a licence and accreditation form to the West District Swimming Convenor, at least six weeks before the Finals are swum. The Clyde Coast Leagues will pay the cost of this licence, which will be a level 3 meet (non-accredited meet).
10. All matches will be swum under SASA rules. Age as at 30th June.
The ages will be consistent for rounds and the finals all with a Level 3 licence i.e. 8 years and under, 9 years, 10 years and 11 years as at 30 June.
All matches /and the finals will be a level 3 meet (non-accredited meet).
Swimmers aged 8 and under, can only swim up to four individual events, in their own age group in heats and finals with no restriction on the number of relay swims.
9, 10 and 11 years old swimmers can only have 2 individual events, in their own age group in the heats and finals with no restriction on the number of relay swims.
11. During the Rounds all competing clubs should provide at least one Timekeeper for each match. For the A and B finals each club should provide at least one Judge and one Timekeeper.
12. Swimmers who change club part way through the league and have already competed in the league may not swim for their new club until the following year.
13. Coaches have a duty not to swim swimmers unable to swim legal strokes.
14. Before the gala the Referee will normally speak to all coaches and state how strictly the rules will be enforced bearing in mind 8 and 9 years will have minor infringements due to lack of experience. The ultimate decision must nevertheless lie with the Referee.
15. After round three finishes and before 30th June, the top six clubs will swim-off for the A final and clubs seven to twelve will swim off in a B final, dates and venue to be arranged. The final placing will be determined by the league points. If the league points are equal for 6th and 12th places, the final placing will be determined by the meet points. In the case of two clubs with equal league and match points for 6th or 12th places, the club that has swum against the greater number of clubs will be allocated the place in the A or B final. If the clubs are still equal a swim-off then needs to take place or if clubs prefer a toss of a coin.
16. For the A and B Finals withdrawals and changes to teams must be with the Recorder at least 30 minutes before the session start time. No late entries will be accepted.
17. Medals or pennants will be awarded to all clubs in both finals. A copy of the final results showing swimmers name and time will be sent to the clubs in both finals. Clubs 13 plus will receive a certificate or memento of the league
18. Clubs missing a match will not be allowed to swim in either of the two finals. Unless there are very extenuating circumstances for missing a match, for example, a bus has mechanical failure or extreme weather conditions forcing the bus to return home. The Swimming Leagues Committee would deal with any of these cases in conjunction with the clubs involved.
19. Any disagreement, which is forwarded to the League Convenor, must be accompanied by a report from the coaches of the clubs involved. Any complaints must be lodged with the League Convenor within 7 days of results being published.
Sponsoring Competing Clubs
Once the groupings for each round have been worked out the clubs
in each match will be informed and the club
at the top of the list will have first refusal on organising the
match. If this is impossible, the second club must be given the
chance to run the match and so on down the list.
If The date of a round is not suitable, the host club to be informed immediately and a new date will be mutuaaly agreed. If a match has been arranged, can only be changed if all clubs in that group agree to the change.
Please bear in mind the finishing time of the gala where visiting teams have long journeys home with young swimmers, especially if they have school the next day. Saturday matches are preferable. All matches must be confirmed in writing/email within seven days, stating date, venue and warm-up times. The visiting clubs must acknowledge receipt of this correspondence.
The host club must obtain a licence from the West District for each home match and also send each of the participating clubs in that round a copy of the results showing swimmers name and time.
Hospitality, it is suggested that clubs provide a biscuit and a cup of tea for visiting parents and swimmers get crisps and juice which can be taken on the bus to be eaten.
Suggested that clubs provide a biscuit and a cup of tea for visiting parents and swimmers get crisps, juice etc that can be taken on the bus and eaten.
Clyde Coast Mini League - Programme
1 2 9 years and under 4 x 25m Medley Relay
3 4 10 years 4 x 25m Medley Relay
5 6 11 years 4 x 50m Medley Relay
7 8 8 years and under 25m Freestyle
9 10 9 years 25m Butterfly
11 12 10 years 50m Backstroke
13 14 11 years 100m Breaststroke
15 16 8 years and under 25m Butterfly
17 18 9 years 25m Backstroke
19 20 10 years 50m Freestyle
21 22 11 years 100m Butterfly
23 24 8 years and under 25m Backstroke
25 26 9 years 25m Breaststroke
27 28 10 years 50m Butterfly
29 30 11 years 100m Freestyle
31 32 8 years and under 25m Breaststroke
33 34 9 years 25m Freestyle
35 36 10 years 50m Breaststroke
37 38 11 years 100m Backstroke
39 40 9 years and under 4 x 25m Freestyle Relay
41 42 10 years 4 x 25m Freestyle Relay
43 44 11 years 4 x 50m Freestyle Relay
45 46 6 x 25m Squadron Freestyle
Relay (2 swimmers from each
age group swimming in age order,
Ages as at 30 June. Match Points 5,3,2,1 and Finals Points 7,5,4,3,2,1 for all events.